Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
VitalConnect is a medical device company designing and manufacturing state-of-the-art biosensor technology to gather, store and analyze biometric data. VitalConnect partners with healthcare providers to offer continuous, wireless vital signs and activity monitoring for their patients. We’re looking for people who are passionate about revolutionizing healthcare with digital technology. This is an opportunity to work with the latest-generation of FDA-cleared wearable sensors in the rapidly developing mobile health market.
Are you a top performer looking for a dynamic atmosphere with a lot of freedom and responsibility? We want to hear from you!
We are looking for an outstanding full-stack developer to help build, enhance and scale our cloud applications. The Vital Connect Cloud and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications store, stream, and manage medical data uploaded from thousands of wearable sensors and enables medical professionals to view, analyze and download the data so as to improve patient’s lives.
Minimum Experience and Skills
- Write efficient, high-quality code and unit, integration and load tests
- Work closely with DevOps and SQA to build, debug, maintain and deploy systems that are highly available, scalable, performant and supportable
- Analyze use cases and design, prototype and refine web user interfaces that serve our end users, with an emphasis on data visualization and analysis
- Gather, document and refine requirements and specifications
Desirable Experience and Skills
- At least 4 years of cloud-oriented software development experience
- At least 2 years of working experience using Ruby on Rails to build both front-end web applications and web services
- At least 2 years of working experience building easy-to-use web applications
- Strong skills in software design, debugging and problem solving
- Experience with building, and maintaining highly available and scalable web services in a Service Oriented or Microservices architecture
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic startup environment with evolving needs and requirements and multiple, concurrent projects
- A self-starter with a passionate dedication to quality and a sense of personal accountability
- Flexible enough to use the best technology for the problem at hand and motivated to learn on the job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Docker-based CI-CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment)
- Experience with load testing, profiling, performance and scalability analysis
- Internet security and privacy
- Experience developing for the medical device market
Benefits at VCI include:
- Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits paid 100% by Vital Connect for employee and dependents!
- Pre IPO Stock
- Lunch catered daily (TOGO's, Premier Pizza, Subway, Gotta Eatta Pitta, Rangoli India, Panda Express, BBQ, and many more!)
- Morning snacks provided (Hi5 Fruit, Whole Foods, Noah's Bagels, Hobee's)
- Free on-site gym