Title: AREA VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES - WEST COAST
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Candidates will not be considered without having prior experience as a sales leader in medical device cardiology.
Who is VitalConnect, Inc.:
VitalConnect is a medical device company designing and manufacturing state-of-the-art biosensor technology to gather, store and analyze biometric data, and associated visualization and notification software for the cardiovascular service line. VitalConnect’s products are designed for use in a broad range of inpatient and outpatient settings, such as hospital monitoring, post-discharge care, cardiac monitoring, and pharmaceutical solutions. We are presently assisting the New York and New Jersey hospitals with fighting COVID-19 by remotely monitoring patients both in the hospital and remotely.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, VitalConnect was founded in 2011 with a vision of changing the paradigm of healthcare as we know it by creating a new world of information with predictive data analytics at everyone’s fingertips.
Vital Connect provides physicians, nurses and patients with an extraordinary advancement in healthcare. Never before has so much continuous monitoring of vital signs and arrhythmia’s been possible in a single, small—yet powerful—device. VitalConnect has consolidated eight critical vital signs into one wireless biosensor.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment in the cardiovascular space.
We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
The job purpose and scope of the Area Vice President (AVP) is to develop and grow our presence in the Remote Patient monitoring market. This instrumental leader will be responsible for creating and implementing the foundational groundwork and commercial strategy for sustained growth in the US RPM space. This role will report to the Vice President of Sales. The role is expected to work closely with the leadership across the organization (commercial, marketing, clinical, finance, regulatory and research & development).
Description of Job Scope:
This position is responsible for:
- Developing and building the infrastructure, commercial foundation, and strategic objectives for the Vital Connect business across sales, marketing, clinical training, and sales operations functions.
- Identifying and evaluating market opportunities and sales potential. Formulates sales strategies for markets within the assigned geography and product lines to attain revenue goals.
- Developing, training, and implementing the sales process and creating the enabling infrastructure to ensure the process is fully maximized.
- Identifying, selecting, and retaining diverse high-caliber talent allowing for clinical acumen and preparedness; ensure the workforce remains challenged, motivated, and engaged toward common goals. Anticipate capability trends and prepare talent pipelines for short and long-term business needs. Ensure robust succession plans for own position and key roles.
- Proactively shaping the culture with a focus on integrity, transparency, and open communication.
- Developing and managing customer relationships through targeting, onboarding, contracting, clinical support, pricing management, KOL management, reporting, sales process adherence, and sales analytics
- Growing the business to enable Vital Connect to market leadership.
- Expanding the sales team and sales management to prepare for business growth
- Proactively monitors progress towards goals and objectives; monitors all costs associated with assigned organizational unit; monitors industry indicators and trends and external environment in areas relevant to the assigned organizational unit
- Compliance with applicable corporate policies and procedures
- Travel required, 50 – 75%
Key Attributes Considered Necessary for Success:
- Bachelor's degree plus 15+ years of related work experience, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of sales management experience required
- Experience in medical devices required, minimum 10 years
- Experience working in a highly regulated and high-quality system environment; compliance with governmental regulations is required
In return, we offer:
- Ability to work collaboratively, internally and externally.
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and work in a group environment, including interaction with Senior / Executive level leadership.
- Must be highly analytical; possess strong interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiation and teamwork skills.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and adept at presenting to key hospital administration.
- Must be process oriented and understand the relationship and necessity of process to strategy.
- Experience with digital sales tools, and execution tools.
- Ability to think strategically, develop frameworks and platforms that ensure optimal and unfettered access to business tools.
- Proven ability to employ various flexible communications vehicles to drive messaging across a board.
- A competitive compensation plan
- Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits paid 100% by Vital Connect for employees AND dependents!
- Pre-IPO Stock
· Here is a video from CBS nightly news that shows our product... https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6367444582988423168
- Continuous Wearable Monitoring Analytics Predict Heart Failure Hospitalization: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.119.006513
- VitalConnect announces the launch of arrhythmia detection for cardiac patient care: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vitalconnect-announces-launch-of-arrhythmia-detection-for-cardiac-patient-care-301003633.html?tc=eml_cleartime
- Bringing the Hospital Home: https://magazine.cardiology2.com/feb2020/vista_solution_platform
- Skin Sensors Transforming Healthcare: https://www.fierceelectronics.com/sensors/skin-sensors-transforming-health-care
- Patients open to remote monitoring to reduce doctor visits, survey shows: https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/patients-open-remote-monitoring-reduce-doctor-visits-survey-shows