Who is VitalConnect, Inc.:
VitalConnect is a medical device company designing and manufacturing state-of-the-art biosensor technology to gather, store and analyze biometric data, and associated visualization and notification software for the cardiovascular service line. VitalConnect’s products are designed for use in a broad range of inpatient and outpatient settings, such as hospital monitoring, post-discharge care, cardiac monitoring, and pharmaceutical solutions. We are presently assisting the New York and New Jersey hospitals with fighting COVID-19 by remotely monitoring patients both in the hospital and remotely.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, VitalConnect was founded in 2011 with a vision of changing the paradigm of healthcare as we know it by creating a new world of information with predictive data analytics at everyone’s fingertips. Vital Connect provides physicians, nurses and patients with an extraordinary advancement in healthcare. Never before has so much continuous monitoring of vital signs and arrhythmia’s been possible in a single, small—yet powerful—device. VitalConnect has consolidated eight critical vital signs into one wireless biosensor.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment in the cardiovascular space.
We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Department: Product Development
Director of Customer Success
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will work with customers and partners to ensure they are delighted with our products and services. In this role, you are a critical part of customers’ satisfaction with VitalConnect and crucial in the retention of customers. You have in-depth knowledge of VitalConnect’s products and services and can effectively support customers in understanding, deploying and using VitalConnect’s products and services.
- Provide world-class technical and customer support services to our current and prospective customers and partners
- Respond to support requests from internal and external customers regarding VitalConnect’s products/services/questions/issues
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and delight our customers
- Achieve and maintain expertise on all VitalConnect products and services
- Provide professional services to customers as required
- Participate in product team meetings to provide feedback on support related aspects of the product.
- Participate in the testing of VitalConnect products and services
- Work with internal teams, including Sales, Product Management, Quality Assurance and Engineering to help VitalConnect’s products and services better meet customer needs.
- Work to meet or exceed pre-defined metrics and goals.
- Adhere to all process and procedures as required by a federally regulated company
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technical field.
Knowledge and Training May Require:
- Associate: 0-2 years’ experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Experience in a technical support role for a high-technology product.
- Experience working in the healthcare medical device/equipment field and working for an FDA-regulated company.
- Previous experience working with customers who work in clinical environments, desirable.
- Self-starter and a great customer advocate
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in successful startups and willingness to wear many hats
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required
- Can be equally effective in the office and working remotely