Who is VitalConnect, Inc.:
VitalConnect is a medical device company designing and manufacturing state-of-the-art biosensor technology to gather, store and analyze biometric data, and associated visualization and notification software for the cardiovascular service line. VitalConnect’s products are designed for use in a broad range of inpatient and outpatient settings, such as hospital monitoring, post-discharge care, cardiac monitoring, and pharmaceutical solutions.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, VitalConnect was founded in 2011 with a vision of changing the paradigm of healthcare as we know it by creating a new world of information with predictive data analytics at everyone’s fingertips. Vital Connect provides physicians, nurses, and patients with an extraordinary advancement in healthcare. Never before has so much continuous monitoring of vital signs and arrhythmia’s been possible in a single, small—yet powerful—device. VitalConnect has consolidated eight critical vital signs into one wireless biosensor.
Software Engineer – Front End Angular
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building front-end applications with interactive user experiences, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, with a keen eye towards detail.
- Design and implement features to improve our customer’s experiences.
- Work side-by-side with user facing teams (Sales, Support) to best understand the needs of our customers.
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building user interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, and operability.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases and processes you encounter.
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for front-end best practices
- Help turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with other engineers and senior leadership
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
What We Value)
Knowledge and Training May Require:
- Experience building user experiences with modern tools like ES6, Webpack, Babel, Typescript, RxJS and Angular
- Enjoying being a generalist, working on both the frontend, backend/JAVA, and everything in between to tackle problems and delight customers.
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your users, and creating an intuitive, delightful experience.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Stitching many different services and processes together, even if you have not worked with them before.
- Writing high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers
Engineering at VitalConnect:
- Experience working in the healthcare medical device/equipment field and working for an FDA-regulated company
- Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Creating top-notch software documentation (such as web application requirements, design documents, and user guides)
- Strong problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and willing and able to learn rapidly
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Engineers are expected to understand and have product input, designing systems towards our long-term product vision.
- We'd rather have one strong, well-compensated engineer, instead of having 5 average engineers. Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank in discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.