VitalConnect is delivering a revolutionary solution for in hospital and outpatient care to address the growing need for patient data connectivity. VitalConnect leverages extensive expertise in biomedical engineering, data analytics, chip design, and mobile and cloud software to create technology that supports decision-making paradigms that achieve better health and economic outcomes. VitalConnect’s products are designed for use in a broad range of inpatient and outpatient settings, such as hospital monitoring, post-discharge care, cardiac monitoring, and pharmaceutical solutions.
Reporting to the Controller, the AR / AP Accountant will initially cover both revenue and expenses. The candidate will be able to specialize according to skills and abilities as the accounting and finance organization grows.
- Complete regular AR and billing processes, including invoicing, cash reconciliation; maintenance of customer records and answering customer inquiries such as account updates, billing questions and refund requests.
- Manage AR collection and maintain working relationships with customers and sales representatives. Includes inquiries on overdue invoices, and follow up with customers on payment details
- Process payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees
- Review T&E reports and transfer to ERP
- Process PO and Non-PO invoices including credit card payments and reconciliations, vendor payments and expense reimbursement
- Assist with month & quarter end close procedures including:
- Bank reconciliations
- Revenue & expense accruals
- Review of journal entries
- Performing analysis on AR reserves
- Assisting with revenue reconciliation
- Support quarterly and annual audits
- Assists with various AR / revenue and AP / expense related projects when assigned, including ad hoc reporting and changes to workflows
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of Accounting experience preferably in the technology or medical technology industry.
- Experience with QAD highly desirable
- Must be proficient with MS Excel
- Ability to adapt and work independently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, team player, enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Provide quality of work including speed and accuracy
- Can follow SOP with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, clients, and management