We’re looking for a hands-on engineering manager with a strong background or interest in building Android and iOS applications with interactive user experiences, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, with a keen eye towards detail.
- Directing the work of engineers to ensure the best practices around software development.
- Managing subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Work with your team to build beautiful things
- Build, lead, and grow a successful engineering team
- Set and execute on team strategy and share context by elaborating the “why”, empower everyone to achieve their best work, and drive execution of projects while setting clear expectations.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality projects at scale against tight timelines while encouraging creativity.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to pursue high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
- Create and champion initiatives that drive increased ROI by increasing trust, efficiency and productivity throughout the engineering organization.
- Work with a diverse set of team members to achieve team, organizational, and career goals.
- Design and implement features to improve our customer’s experiences.
- Work side-by-side with user facing teams (Sales, Support) to best understand the needs of our customers.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, and operability.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases and processes you encounter.
- Help turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with other engineers and senior leadership
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- 4-8 years of experience in software engineering with at least 2 years managing other software engineers
- Experience building Android applications and Android SDK's with modern tools like Android Studio, Java, and Kotlin.
- Enjoying being a generalist, working on both the Mobile UI, backend/Java/SDK, and everything in between to tackle problems and delight customers.
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your users, and creating an intuitive, delightful experience.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Stitching many different services and processes together, even if you have not worked with them before.
- Writing high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
Engineering at VitalConnect:
- Experience working with Mobile Device Management Software such as SureMDM
- Experience working in the healthcare medical device/equipment field and working for an FDA-regulated company.
- Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Creating top-notch software documentation (such as mobile application requirements, design documents, and user guides).
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Experience in successful startups and willingness to wear many hats
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Engineers are expected to understand and have product input, designing systems towards our long-term product vision.
- We'd rather have one strong engineer, instead of having 5 average engineers. Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.