The Payroll and Equity Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Payroll with additional responsibilities related to monthly close and ultimately as the individual develops in the role, for equity related activities. The Payroll and Equity Manager will work closely with other members of the Finance and Accounting team and our Human Resources department in relations to payroll, equity and benefits. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, collaborative and will be interested in developing their own skill-set as VitalConnect grows and evolves its compensation practices.
- Prepares and submits payroll in an accurate and a timely manner.
- Maintains proper documentation for payroll changes.
- Ensures compliance with applicable payroll laws/regulations.
- Develops and documents payroll processes and reporting tools based on best practices.
- Addresses inquiries from employees in a timely manner.
- Completes payroll reporting requests (budget inputs, overtime monitoring, commissions, various management reporting, state and federal compliance, etc.) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides audit support related to payroll records.
- Administer sales compensation plan, including tracking performance versus plan and ensuring participants are paid accurately and on time
- Works with Human Resources to coordinate the annual workers’ compensation audit and provide assistance for all other audits such as bank, and governmental agency audits.
- Other duties may be assigned and as the role develops, we would expect the candidate to increasingly own the management of our equity program and play a key role in a planned upgrade of our Equity Management software.
- Managing the equity program would include preparing new hire and other stock grants, processing employee transactions to exercise options, maintaining stock databases, preparing reports and analyses for the monthly and annual close and other presentations, and responding to investor information requests
- Must be based in the Bay Area.
- Bachelors or AA degree.
- At least four years’ experience in Payroll.
- At least one years’ experience with ADP Payroll software.
- A good working knowledge of stock administration
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve basic and complex issues and make recommendations to improve processes.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks with high priorities, project management, detail and process oriented skills under time constraints and deadlines