Senior Director of Customer Support
VitalConnect is delivering a revolutionary solution for in hospital and outpatient care to address the growing need for patient data connectivity. VitalConnect leverages extensive expertise in biomedical engineering, data analytics, chip design, and mobile and cloud software to create technology that supports decision-making paradigms that achieve better health and economic outcomes. VitalConnect’s products are designed for use in a broad range of inpatient and outpatient settings, such as hospital monitoring, post discharge care, cardiac monitoring and pharmaceutical solutions.
VitalConnect is currently deploying product in production environments. In order to continue the successful trajectory of these deployment and the ongoing high level of customer satisfaction, VitalConnect is looking for a Senior Director of Customer Support who would report in to the VP of Cloud Computing and Connectivity.
The Senior Director of Customer Support will be a strong leader who can build and manage a support organization in the medical solution space. The ideal candidate for this role is a technically adept person with prior experience managing support and professional services teams. This role will require significant hands on technical skills as it will be building a team from the ground up. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is able to jump in and execute as an individual contributor as well as manage.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Provide strategic direction, leadership, development, and management of customer support operations and professional services
- Hire and train a highly talented support organization
- Build out and manage a professional services team to ensure prompt product deployment while maintaining positive gross margins
- Ensure that VitalConnect can support service level standards focused on response times and issue resolution
- Establish policies and procedures that produce high quality product deployment / customer support and reflect industry best practices
- Develop and deploy systems to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in product or service issues
- Align customer support activities and initiatives with the objectives of the organization
- Monitor team budgets, policies, procedures to support the functional infrastructure
- Work closely with the engineering organization to provide feedback on product quality and requirements supporting a highly scalable and supportable platform
- Serve as a key member of VitalConnect that helps set the company’s direction
- Work with the commercial team to ensure a smooth transition between upfront sales and product deployment
- 10 years of experience in support operations within both infrastructure and SaaS based companies
- Engineering degree preferred
- Must have a proven ability to work across functions such as Sales, Services, Product Management, and Engineering
- Must be a strong leader, who can manage internal and customer executive relations including contract negotiations
- Demonstrated track record of building and scaling support and services operation including management and development of teams, processes, and metrics
- Experience with CRM tools specific to support and professional services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- Experience in clinical environments, medical device knowledge, mobile applications, cloud computing experience a strong plus
Benefits at VitalConnect include:
- Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits paid 100% by Vital Connect for employee and dependents
- Pre IPO Stock
- Annual holiday shutdown from Christmas to New Years!
- Lunch catered daily (TOGO's, Premier Pizza, Subway, Gotta Eatta Pitta, Rangoli India, Panda Express, BBQ, and many more!)
- Morning snacks provided (Hi5 Fruit, Whole Foods, Noah's Bagels, Hobee's)
- Free on-site gym