VitalConnect is delivering a revolutionary solution for in hospital and outpatient care to address the growing need for patient data connectivity. VitalConnect leverages extensive expertise in biomedical engineering, data analytics, chip design, and mobile and cloud software to create technology that supports decision-making paradigms that achieve better health and economic outcomes. VitalConnect’s products are designed for use in a broad range of inpatient and outpatient settings, such as hospital monitoring, post discharge care, cardiac monitoring and pharmaceutical solutions.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about revolutionizing healthcare with digital technology. Are you a top performer looking for a dynamic atmosphere with a lot of freedom and responsibility? We want to hear from you!
Manages the daily activities of the accounting department by working closely with other departments to ensure accurate and timely accounting information is maintained, and company processes and procedures are followed.
- Leads the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closes and financial reporting and manages the annual audit to ensure that they are conducted in accordance with relevant deadlines; serves as lead liaison with external audit firms; prepares and reviews journal entries, accruals, analysis and reconciliations as necessary
- Oversees general ledger accounting, inventory and cost accounting, fixed asset tracking, expense reimbursements (Concur) and cash forecasting
- Manage equity administration including grants, exercises and 409A valuation reports
- Owns ERP administration by identifying issues and proactively initiating corrective actions and enhancements
- Coordinates and performs tax activities such as tax returns, tax provisions, sales tax payments, business tax and 1099 filings
- Oversees accounts payable and payroll and acts as a back-up when necessary
- Assists in the budgeting life cycle. Interacts with department heads and preparing accurate analysis of departmental spend
- Administers and maintains the Company’s accounting policies and procedures in accordance with all accounting rules and regulations and ensures adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Researches, determines and documents the accounting implications of transactions or changes in business
- Assesses the financial implications of new accounting pronouncements on the Company’s operations
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies and improve processes
- Participate on projects as required
- Minimum B.S. degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA license preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including ASC 840 and 409A
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant accounting experience, including Big 4 Public Accounting experience
- Experience in software and life sciences industries (medical device) preferred
- Proven ability to research and resolve technical accounting issues and reporting matters
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem solving skills, time and project management, and communication skills required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and databases
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive in a start-up culture
Benefits at VCI include:
- Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits paid 100% by Vital Connect for employee and dependents!
- Pre IPO Stock
- Annual holiday shutdown from Christmas to New Years!
- Lunch catered daily (TOGO's, Premier Pizza, Subway, Gotta Eatta Pitta, Rangoli India, Panda Express, BBQ, and many more!)
- Morning snacks provided (Hi5 Fruit, Whole Foods, Noah's Bagels, Hobee's)
- Free on-site gym