Cloud Operations Administrator
We are currently seeking a talented and motivated Cloud Operations Administrator who desires an opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our company.
VitalConnect is delivering a revolutionary solution for in-hospital and outpatient care to address the growing need for patient data connectivity. We leverage extensive expertise in biomedical engineering, data analytics, chip design, and mobile and cloud software to create technology that supports decision-making paradigms that achieve better health and economic outcomes. VitalConnect’s products are designed for use in a broad range of inpatient and outpatient settings, such as hospital monitoring, post-discharge care, cardiac monitoring and pharmaceutical solutions.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about revolutionizing healthcare with digital technology. Are you a top performer looking for a dynamic atmosphere with a lot of freedom and responsibility? We want to hear from you!
As a Cloud Operations Administrator, your typical day will look like this:
- Day-to-day cloud operations in dynamic on premises and AWS environments
- Maintain customer-facing, mission-critical 24/7 production services
- Execute deployments of VitalConnect’s suite of instances and applications
- Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot operating systems, networks and applications
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance and upgrades, including instance patching and replacement
- Review and maintain monitoring systems for both infrastructure and applications
- Provide infrastructure level support for Production, Development and QA environments
- Drive best practices for operational policies and procedures, including communication, change and incident management
- Create and maintain documentation related to cloud operations
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Bonus Points: These skills are not required, but experience in some of the following would be great:
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of experience with Linux system administration, deployment, configuration and management
- 2+ years of hands on experience implementing, configuring, maintaining and optimizing cloud based environments, AWS preferred
- Proficient with shell scripting and/or a programming language such as Ruby or Python in order to automate cloud infrastructure tasks
- An understanding of IP networking fundamentals and network security
- Good grasp of fundamental security concepts with hands-on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
- Experience in a DevOps oriented environment, supporting both production and Dev/QA
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
Benefits at VCI include:
- Ability to create automation utilities around RESTful APIs / web services
- Experience with one or more configuration management frameworks such as Chef, Puppet or Salt
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data
- Experience with Android OS
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits paid 100% by Vital Connect for employee and dependents!
- Pre-IPO Stock
- Annual holiday shutdown from Christmas to New Years!
- Lunch catered daily (TOGO's, Premier Pizza, Subway, Gotta Eatta Pitta, Rangoli India, Panda Express, BBQ, and many more!)
- Morning snacks provided (Hi5 Fruit, Whole Foods, Noah's Bagels, Hobee's)
- Free on-site gym