VitalConnect is delivering a revolutionary solution for in hospital and outpatient care to address the growing need for patient data connectivity. VitalConnect leverages extensive expertise in biomedical engineering, data analytics, chip design, and mobile and cloud software to create technology that supports decision-making paradigms that achieve better health and economic outcomes. VitalConnect’s products are designed for use in a broad range of inpatient and outpatient settings, such as hospital monitoring, post discharge care, cardiac monitoring and pharmaceutical solutions.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer provides management and leadership related to all accounting, audit and corporate financial matters. The CFO is a member of VitalConnect’s executive team that develops financial strategies and models in support of the overall mission, goals and objectives of VitalConnect as well as assists the CEO with managing investor relations. Must have both private and public company experience!
This leadership position includes mentoring and developing the accounting and technology teams, instilling best practices and engendering a culture of accountability and attention to internal controls and efficient effective processes.
The CFO is expected to possess the intelligence, drive and presence to be a key member of VitalConnect’s senior management team and demonstrate his/her ability to add value from a broader perspective.
- Oversee the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting for VitalConnect.
- Prepare earnings disclosures and audit reports.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls procedures and control safeguards.
- Responsible for insuring financial reporting and compliance is in accordance with generally accepted financial, accounting (GAAP) and regulatory standards (such as those required by the SEC).
- Participate in VitalConnect’s planning as a strategic partner. Analyze and assess business opportunities from a finance perspective and provide timely, accurate and complete information that supports business decisions.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting. Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal purposes and for external agencies.
- Lead compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Ability to cultivate a highly effective team with an eye towards future growth.
- Must possess the organizational and analytical skills required to manage business and to provide timely, accurate and complete information to enable business decisions.
- Optimize relationships within the banking, financial and risk management arena to ensure VitalConnect receives excellent service at competitive rates.
- Co-Lead with CEO all fundraising activities in private, cross over or public markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- CPA Required.
- Minimum of 6 years’ senior level experience working in finance and accounting for a publicly traded business.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinker who can offer innovative solutions to complex business problems. Ability to think broadly and strategically and work within an entrepreneurial and very fast paced environment.
- Outstanding financial acumen and organizational skills.
- Effective in interacting with financial institutions and other external parties.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with financial/accounting best practices, processes and tools.
- Able to travel extensively when required.
Benefits at VCI include:
- Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits paid 100% by Vital Connect for employee and dependents!
- Pre IPO Stock
- Lunch catered daily (TOGO's, Premier Pizza, Subway, Gotta Eatta Pitta, Rangoli India, Panda Express, BBQ, and many more!)
- Morning snacks provided (Hi5 Fruit, Whole Foods, Noah's Bagels, Hobee's)
- Free on-site gym