Sr. Manager / Director of Marketing
VitalConnect is delivering a revolutionary solution for in-hospital and outpatient care to address the growing need for patient data connectivity. We leverage extensive expertise in biomedical engineering, data analytics, chip design, and mobile and cloud software to create technology that supports decision-making paradigms that achieve better health and economic outcomes. VitalConnect’s products are designed for use in a broad range of inpatient and outpatient settings, such as hospital monitoring, post-discharge care, cardiac monitoring and pharmaceutical solutions.
The Sr. Manager / Director of Marketing will be a strong leader who will develop and execute VitalConnect's marketing strategy, including messaging, branding, public relations, and demand generation. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for accelerating our growth through innovative marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is able to jump in and execute as an individual contributor as well as lead cross-functional groups. This role will directly interface with Product Marketing, Sales, Engineering, and other departments to ensure that VitalConnect delivers the complete potential of our innovative solutions.
- Create and execute marketing plans and campaigns. Manage the integrated marketing strategies for products and solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on new product launch strategy. Develop and execute marketing plans to launch new products, including defining content needs for our communications channels and the sales collateral required for launch.
- Take a leadership role on crafting the strategy and managing the tactical plans for the major medical conferences / tradeshows in which we participate.
- Present marketing plans to internal stakeholders to enroll and align key cross-functional groups.
- Lead and collaborate with agency partners to ensure high quality output and timely delivery of programs and assets.
- Develop and execute short and long-term marketing programs to ensure profitable sales and market share growth.
- Recommend product enhancements to the product management team based on analysis of customer needs, market conditions, and competitive environment.
- Identify and assess competitive tactics and develop counter strategies and tactical communications plans.
- Establish a KOL strategy and management program in association with marketing and sales leadership that supports driving increased adoption of VitalConnect solutions.
- Develop and deliver key field communications and participate in quarterly business reviews.
- Support sales team in sales activities, customer meetings, RFP response, and conversion planning.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for the development of clinical evidence and/or economic value substantiation.
- Work with internal teams to guide messaging and content.
- Assists in various projects as assigned.
- Ability to travel at least 30%
- Able to work independently and as a team player in cross-functional projects
- Employs extensive judgement and experience to plan and accomplish goals
- Passionate about making a positive change in people’s and patients’ lives
- Strong customer engagement, marketing analysis, financial/analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication, interpersonal, listening and presentation skills; the ability to lead a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of frequently used computer programs and applications.
- Must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment and accomplish these projects timely and within budgetary guidelines.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively with a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in marketing or business or a related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressively more responsible business experience in a medical device company or equivalent, including product and market experience.
- A substantive knowledge of the medical device industry, health care delivery, and managed care/reimbursement markets and the factors that drive them.
Benefits at VCI include:
- Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits paid 100% by Vital Connect for employee and dependents!
- Pre IPO Stock
- Lunch catered daily (TOGO's, Premier Pizza, Subway, Gotta Eatta Pitta, Rangoli India, Panda Express, BBQ, and many more!)
- Morning snacks provided (Hi5 Fruit, Whole Foods, Noah's Bagels, Hobee's)
- Free on-site gym